I made the post for the door using .125" Evergreen square tube and Tamiya Epoxy. I also used some .040" styrene on the door step.
Here I sanded the post smooth using fine sanding sticks.
I wanted to cover up this large hole so I followed my Easy Template tutorial and created a cover for the hole using .010" styrene. The small tabs on the sides are .020" styrene.
These are the hinges I used for the car.
I painted these parts Tamiya Semi-gloss Black.
I added distributor wires for the engine. I used Detail Master Race Car Ignition Wire.
The silver parts were painted with Model Master Aluminum Metalizer Spray. You can also see the Check Oil Line.
The red wire is 30 gauge wrapping wire from Radioshack. I painted it with Testors Flat Red.
The engine block was painted with Krylon Ultra-Flat Black Spray.
The exhaust manifold was painted Tamiya Semi-gloss Black.
The engine bay basically snapped together. Never have I seen such precise parts from AMT/Ertl. There models usually stink. The engine bay was painted Krylon Ultra-Flat Black.
The red wire connects the wastegate to the turbo.